Thursday, May 20, 2010

BEAR!!!

Oh how I wish I had a picture!
Joe and I stepped out on the porch tonight and heard a noise, we turned and saw a trash bag and some rustling noises. I ran to get the flashlight and Lo and behold standing there was our Bear! I got the camera but in my nervousness and excitement I couldn't get it on the nighttime setting fast enough. He stood there staring at us and then slowly lumbered away, looking back at his meal which he had to leave behind.
We left the bag- neither one of us wanted to get off the porch and clean it up!!!
I am actually hoping for another opportunity to photograph this beast! My camera is set on the nighttime setting, by the backdoor witht he flashlight.
Wow what an amazing sight. Its nerve wracking though, he was not one bit afraid of us!
We knew that he may possibly live in the caves toward the back of our property but the track he took into the woods confirmed this. No nature walks for us!!! Gotta keep the kids out of the woods!!!
Lets hope I can get a shot of him if he comes back!

1 comment:

  1. oh we must have just missed him. Hope you get your picture, but then I hope he doesn't vist too often.

    ReplyDelete