Sunday, November 15, 2009

Well this was the weekend of Christmas shopping. We got a great start and had a blast doing it! I think the kids will be pleased this year,even though Santa has to curb his spending we have still managed to come up with some great ideas and get useful but fun gifts. We will shop again, trust me I can't stay out of the stores at Christmas, I know the season is about Christ but I love the holiday hustle and bustle!
I can't reveal the gifts just yet - I am afraid the kids will peek at my blog!
Joe and I really enjoyed some time to ourselves, its great to get out together.
The kids also benefit from this time it creates a stronger bond between them when they all play together. When we left them they were playing with Play-Doh and when we got back they were playing some variation of chase! I love to see my 14 year old, 11 year old and 4 year old all playing together!
Amazing how quickly the older two can get into "little kid mode" again!

On Friday night our kids were in a production of the Fisherman and His Wife put on by the Children's Stage Adventure. The kids practiced for only 16 hours and put on a fantastic show! I was amazed at how quickly they picked it up and learned their lines, 50 kids ranging from age 4 - 14 and only a few lines needed to be fed to them! We were so proud of all the kids!

I am off to bed but rest assured details from that Chicago vacation will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment